<!-----kanoodle cookies-----> <SCRIPT language="JavaScript1.1" type="text/javascript" src="http://context5.kanoodle.com/cgi-bin/ctpub_adserv.cgi?id=85039742&site_id=85039743&format=conly"></SCRIPT> <!-----kanoodle cookies-----> <body> <body bgcolor="#8F8F6B">
 

Home

StatCounter

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Excalibur: The Bike of Power

The truth is that when I bought the motorbike, the poor thing was closer to the scrap yard than to be able to run, activity which it hadn't done for ages.

I thought it was strong enough to bear anything so I started to look for a topic to personalize it. After thinking about different ideas I ended up with King Arthur legend which was a very popular topic.

The legend is full of myths and symbolism therefore I could find out in all means of communications possible ( the cinema, libraries, Internet, etc ) and I could come up with enough information so as to start creating the different parts of this wonderful work of art.

The design stage came and with the help of my old PC I managed to see how the end product could look like.

The thing gets difficult when I need to join the crazy shapes with the engineering.


"I want that the handlebar to be the swords, but... where should the wires go?"

"I don't want that those things spoil the esthetics I want to achieve... "

"The fork long, will it turn? "

The sculptor (Enrique L. Echeverría) creator of the dragon which is the headlight, is crazier than I, he made the dragon with its mouth opens "...in case I want to spit out fire... "

And the fire? where could I get it from?... more difficulties.
--
Link
Contact SnarkySpot