<!-----kanoodle cookies-----> <SCRIPT language="JavaScript1.1" type="text/javascript" src="http://context5.kanoodle.com/cgi-bin/ctpub_adserv.cgi?id=85039742&site_id=85039743&format=conly"></SCRIPT> <!-----kanoodle cookies-----> <body> <body bgcolor="#8F8F6B">
 

Home

StatCounter

Saturday, July 02, 2005

4th of July Fire Cracker Art

Aside from decorative urinal cakes, I really can't think of a more underappreciated form of art than firecracker labels. Think about it. Sure you might buy the ones that look the coolest, but soon after you're lighting 'em on fire. The once amazing artwork is now blown to smithereens and you couldn't care less. Well, I've always been a huge fan of the artwork on firecrackers 'n fireworks because I often find miniature masterpieces on them. Sometimes the art is beautiful, sometimes it's hilarious. One thing is guaranteed though, it's always interesting.

I was happy to find out recently that I'm not alone in my admiration for firecracker art, because there's a decent amount of people on eBay who do nothing but sell and collect the labels. I've actually seen some labels go for over $100... and why shouldn't they? It's just as valid an art form as any other kind right? So with July 4th right around the corner, I'd like to pay tribute to this neglected art form. I'm happy to share with you this gallery containing some of the most interesting firecrackers I've found. I'll interject with my comments here 'n there, but this is mainly a gallery for your viewing pleasure. If you happen to stumble upon some cool labels at your local fireworks stand, by all means please take some photos and email them to me. I just might add them to this gallery!
--
Link
Contact SnarkySpot