<!-----kanoodle cookies-----> <SCRIPT language="JavaScript1.1" type="text/javascript" src="http://context5.kanoodle.com/cgi-bin/ctpub_adserv.cgi?id=85039742&site_id=85039743&format=conly"></SCRIPT> <!-----kanoodle cookies-----> <body> <body bgcolor="#8F8F6B">
 

Home

StatCounter

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Awful White Boy Rap: The Ypsilanti All-Starz (or 'The Phoneix Arises from the Ashes of the Icy Hot Stuntaz', as I like to call them)


(Note from Monkeyman: This has to be some of the worst white boy rap I have ever heard. Pure genius.)

"the ypsilanti all-starz

These ten musical gems came to me by way of Greg Warner in Phoenix. A few years back Greg's friend Nigel Morgan found an unmarked cassette-tape on the street in Ypsilanti, Michigan which contained a string of minute-long booty-rap anthems. Apparently some thugged-out white kids with a drum machine had put together a demo tape

I've given these dudes the name Ypsilanti All-Starz and titled each of the songs. My favorites are 'Yo' Shit Be Up in My Face,' 'Yo' Ass is So Fine' and 'Wiggle on the Flo'.'

What's remarkable to me is the earnestness with which these songs are performed. Some folks disagree with me but I don't think the Ypsilanti All-Starz are aware of their comic brilliance.

This tape circulated around south-east Michigan for two years, copied and recopied. Then Greg played it for someone who said, 'I know these guys!' This person said it was not a satire; these guys were out to make it big. They were fully confident they'd sell a million records. If it means anything to the Ypsilanti All-Starz, I'd buy one.

--davy rothbart"


1. Wave Yo' Booty in the Air (Bounce)
2. Yo' Ass is So Fine (real, win)
3. Ass-Whomp Bustin' Out of Yo' Back Pocket
4. Yo' Shit Be Up In My Face (real, win)
5. Wiggle On the Flo' (real, win)
6. Booty Time
7. Taste That Booty Flava'
8. Booty Shake (a capella)
9. Your Booty Don't Stop
10. (She Got a) Big Fat Booty
11. Wave Yo Booty in the Air (remix)
12. Yo' Ass is So Fine (heartfelt remix)
13. Ass-Whomp (re-dux)
14. Yo' Shit Be Up in My Face (abandoned)

(gangsta'd from Found)

Contact SnarkySpot